Foreign Trade Zone
The Rantoul Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) Informational Page
Rantoul's general purpose Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ), a subzone of the Peoria-based FTZ 114, offers the importation, manufacturing, assembling, or
An FTZ is an area designated by the US Department of Commerce and the US Customs and Border Protection as a location "where companies can use special procedures that help encourage US activity and value added - in competition with foreign alternatives - by allowing delayed or reduced duty payments on foreign merchandise, as well as other savings." Rantoul's FTZ was established in 2009 and is located on the former Chanute Air Force Base.
Additional information can be found on Peoria's FTZ website along with a thorough explanation of what an FTZ is.
What the Rantoul FTZ Can Offer Your Business
The benefits of locating a business within this FTZ include:
- Better Cash Flow - Duties are paid at the same time sale proceeds are available
- Cost Avoidance - Businesses do not have to pay duties on defective or broken items, waste or shrinkage
- Manufacturing Savings - Product made within an FTZ has advantage over foreign produced comparable products
- Logistical Advantage - Efficient customs procedures
- Fully Capable Airport - Located adjacent to a fully operational airport
- Staff standing ready to assist your organization
explorethe benefits and process of utilizing the Rantoul FTZ