Planning & Zoning
The Planning and Zoning Department is responsible for community planning and development for the Village. This entails working to improve the present and future quality of life for residents by creating and implementing plans; regulating land use for orderly growth and development; ensuring all development is in conformance with adopted Village plans and policies, and promoting neighborhood wellness.
Principal activities include:
- Conduct community planning activities including plan development and adoption, public outreach and involvement, and plan implementation
- Assure implementation of the Village's Comprehensive Plan
- Guide the development and implementation of other long range community plans
- Review prospective annexations, zoning requests, and development proposals and evaluate for compliance with adopted plans and ordinances
- Maintain the Zoning Map and administer the Village's Zoning Ordinance and Subdivision Ordinance
- Pursue Brownfield Redevelopment
- Provide support to and make recommendations to the Planning & Zoning Commission and Village Board in their consideration of zoning and subdivision cases, annexations and other community planning matters.
The Zoning Map allows you to see what a particular property is zoned. Need to find the zoning classification of your property? The village has a current zoning map available. It is always a good idea to call (217) 892-6822 for any recent zoning changes.